What is Different about IFR?
- Is it really different? Or do you think about it differently?
- If it is different from VFR, specifically how? And exactly what is different?
- In what ways is IFR the same as VFR flying?
Why do you have to trust your instruments?
- Can you feel a a bank or a turn?
- Can you feel a pitch change?
- Why is it a good idea not to move your head?
- What would lead you to not trust an instrument?
- Where are your eyes during a turn?
- What happens if you watch only heading during a turn?
How does Equilibrium help in Instrument Flying?
- Which instrument do you need to keep the airplane in equilibrium?
- What is the first thing to do if you see the airplane is not in equilibrium (and it’s not because of something you did)?
- What is the advantage to keeping the airplane in equilibrium as much as possible?
- When do you need the most precision in your flying?
- What can you do to make sure you have the precision when you need it?
What does having standards do for you?
- Shouldn’t you always being doing the best you can?
- How do you know how well you can do?
- How can you learn to do better?
What about having limits?
Perhaps a question for another day . . .