The weather at St. Hubert (CYHU), elevation 90 feet MSL (above Mean Sea Level) is:
- METAR CYHU 172200Z AUTO 02006KT 5SM -RA OVC014 13/10 A2993
- Which, translated, means:
- Weather at St. Hubert on the 17th of the month at 2200Z
- Automatic Report
- Wind from 020° (True) at 6 Knots
- Visibility 5 Statute miles in light rain
- Sky overcast at 1400 feet AGL (Above Ground Level)
- Temperature 13, Dew Point 10
- Altimeter Setting 29.93 in.hg. (inches of mercury)
- Is it legal for you, a licensed Private Pilot, to fly VFR (Visual Flight Rules) in the St. Hubert Control Zone (Class B Airspace)?
- If you did circuits at St. Hubert, at what altitude would you have to fly?
We’ll discuss the answers in class on Tuesday, and then begin Aerodynamics, Theory of Flight.
See you then!